Monday 7 December 2020

Slow Progress

 From Facebook archive

7 December 2016 at 15:26

Well two things got ticked off the ‘to do’ list... 


Then the accountant rang asking why I hadn't picked up the stuff he sent Fester in November, because they'd been returned to sender.   

They'd addressed it to M F Fester.   

I explained the writing on the card left by the postman looked like Mr F Fester, so I'd assumed it was some crap catalogue Ferretfingers had ordered over the internet and, him not having proper photo id+address, I'd let it go.   

So I drove down to the accountant's office and picked up the, rather battered, package.

 
Then the accountant calls me again to ask me my middle name, whether I have any pension, savings earning interest (ha ha) and our wedding date.   

So I dig out the P60 and wedding certificate, scan and email them over.   

A job of minutes - unless the printer/scanner goes on strike until one replaces the colour ink cartridge.

 

And the 'phone has just rung again with some twerp who opened the conversation with
"Hello is that Mr Bag?"
"Pardon!?"
"Is that Mr Bag?"
"Do I sound like a Mr Bag?"
"No, sorry sir, madame.  Is that Mrs Bag?"
"Who are you and what's this about?"
"I'm Nathan from some claims and warranty place and I'm ringing about the Zanussi washer you have in your kitchen"
"Zanussi washer!  Good God that died years ago."
With that I wished him a good day and away...

 

Now Ferretfingers is home so that's an end to all peace and progress ...

Erica And I thought it was just my house!

Cousin Daisy You have to write that book or a sitcom. Hee Hee. Saint Ben of the parish.
Bentonbag More like Saint Ben on the parish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment