Saturday 5 December 2020

Knee Blanket

A twiddle muff
The knit'n'natter group can’t meet at the moment, but LD:NorthEast's staff have held a Zoom chat for the charity's clients every Wednesday throughout this present unpleasantness.

This time last year one little lady asked me to make a twiddle muff for her uncle who has dementia, which I did.   

A couple of weeks ago on the Zoom chat she asked if I could make him a knee blanket.  

Here it is.


 

Whenever I say I volunteer at a knit'n'natter people offer me yarn.  

As mother's motto was "Refuse nothing but blows" I always accept with thanks; and take most of it into LDNE, where it ends up in the craft storage loft.   
Sometimes some of the yarn is quite strange, hard to work with, especially for ladies with learning difficulties, so it goes in my stash.  
Uncle Jack's blanket has given me the opportunity to use up all these odd balls.  
It's half crochet and half knitted squares because some of the fluffier yarns are impossible to crochet with.   

I hope he finds the different textures interesting and comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment