Friday 25 December 2020

That's A Wrap

Fester has many good points and proficiencies. 

Generosity in gift giving is one of them. 
Gift wrapping is not.

Usually I’m presented with lovely things (and they are) in the carrier bag they came in from the shop.

One Christmas morning, after he twigged I like blue & white, willow-pattern style china, I came into the bedroom after my bath to find a couple of old plastic carrier bags full of things wrapped in old newspaper.  He’d gone into charity shops on trips out with Ferretfingers and “just picked bits up”.  By the time I’d opened them all the bed was covered in them.  We had to get Will Fixit to put up delft racks (plural) to put them all on.

Another Christmas morning he just put them under the duvet for me to uncover 

(“Much more ecologically sound than wrapping paper”)

But this morning the boys came in with three matching bags: chocolates; posh scented soaps and toiletries (I always buy myself the cheap stuff); and booze.

I won’t dwell on the fact that they were the bags our artisanal baker delivers his bread in.

Merry Christmas.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment