When Ferretfingers finally came home from hospital after his ankle infection (how simple that sounds!) he was able to go to the day centre, however they weren’t happy to take him on the minibus with his wound and the
pico-vac in case it, or
he, were accidentally damaged by another service user. They made sure the room he uses was cleaned
and disinfected and that he could keep his leg up. As
I take him in on a Wednesday, doing the same on a Monday wasn’t much of a
bother. Especially as it meant things
getting back to normal, and time for myself.
From
Facebook Archives
24 July
2025 at 08.36
When I
picked Ferretfingers up from the day centre yesterday the care-worker asked
about his wound.
The good
news is it has got to the point that it only requires a
simple dressing - in fact it hasn't had a pico-vac on for weeks.
"Would
he like to come in on the minibus again on Mondays?"
"Can
he?"
"We
were waiting for you to ask us ..."
So he can
go on the minibus to the day centre from next Monday; which means I get more of
Monday back as I won't be transporting him.
I'm surprised
at how emotional I feel about this.
Thunderthighs
will be pleased as we'll be able to do the big shop immediately after he gets
back from the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment