My radio alarm is set to catch Radio 3’s 07.30 news. We decided long ago that the Radio 4's Today Programme’s attitude was tiresome, and the other music stations not for us. Radio 3’s news headlines cover the essentials and the music either side enough to wake me up and usually not too annoying.
From Facebook Archives
23 July
2024 at 17.04
We
woke up yesterday morning to an interview with the Duke of Northumberland's
piper followed by a lovely rendition of Chevvy Chase on the Northumbrian pipes.
It
was part of Breakfast Live from Lindisfarne “voices and sounds of nature from
Radio 3's tour of north east England”
As
I put the light out last night Fester said "... and can you arrange that
I'm not woken up by Andy Piper's dulcet tones tomorrow morning."
Andy Piper I'll come
and play the half longs under his bedroom window to remind him of old times if
he likes........
Bentonbag He says
"Any time you like, I like them. The neighbours might mind."
Actually I think numbers 15, 12 and 11 would probably be
fine with it.
Also "Ask him if the pipes he was playing were the
ones he made at school. I remember they sounded really mellow."
Miss
Doozer We have the Northumbrian pipes for congregations and I really like them.

No comments:
Post a Comment