From Facebook Archives
21 July 2019 at 10:13
I had a
lovely day yesterday.
Painted
my toenails for the first time this summer then off in open-toed sandals, light
trousers and shirt and sun-hat carrying a matching umbrella to catch the 52 to
Haymarket for Pride.
Had to
get off at the Civic Centre and walk through the beginnings of the march.
I was
early so stood on the steps to the Mucky Angel statue, put my umbrella up and
enjoyed the cloudburst.
Eventually met up with Mrs Leftfoot and her lovely youngest daughter and
watched the parade.
So many
people, so good humoured, so fun.
When
they came back around to the Haymarket we followed on to Exhibition Park.
Had a look around the stalls.
Were given rainbow cheek strips.
Then to Northern Stage cafe for a light lunch (toastie) and the bus home.
Popped into the newsagents and St Oswald's Hospice Shop and the heavens opened
again.
Went out
with my sturdy brolly but it was raining so hard my feet were sliding around in
the sandals.
I paused to take them off,
walked home barefoot and arrived just in time for the end of the day's Tour de
France.
Was quite wet when I got in so
removed the outer garments.
Also enervated by heat and humidity so had a little
lie down.
Tea was a strong, sweet cup of coffee and two Gregg’s caramel custard
doughnuts (saving Ferretfingers from himself).
Then shower, hair-wash and get
ready for Mrs & Mr Quilt’s Golden Wedding do -
to which Mrs Leftfoot gave me a
lift.
It was a lovely evening.I danced Grenoside with Tyne Bridge (and Mrs Quilt)
and the Gay Gordons with The Squireen.
Excellent
food by Mr & Mrs Bodrhanman.
Great
chatting with old friends.
Brought home twice as many doggy bags as I'd
intended as Mrs Banjoman insisted that I've "got big
boys at home."
Thank you everyone.
Today I shall be mostly ironing, needle working (LD:NorthEast blanket and/or snowman) and watching Le Tour de France, Montalbano, original 1960s black&white PerryMason, High Chaparaal and other stuff off the TiVo box - although I shall have to fight Ferretfingers over whether I wear headphones or not.
Distracting
visitors, as always, welcome.
Miss Doozer Sounds like a perfect day x
McChurch Cheers Ben. This is better reading than the
Sunday papers.
Bazoukiboy I painted my toe nails once. Problem was I did
the rest of my foot as well.
I stepped in a paint roller reservoir...

No comments:
Post a Comment