Wednesday 10 February 2021

A Busy Day at Chateau Midden

 From Facebook archives

10 February 2019 at 23:13 · 
It's been a busy day at Chateau Midden.
I took the boys to Tynemouth on the bus for a ride on the land train.   
Very interesting and my third visit to Tynemouth in as many weeks.

Get home and come into the office.  

Ferretfingers appears "I've got the kids tv back on the virgin and it's only £5 a month, and I put in the pin number." 

WTAF!

So I make him show me what he did and YES you can order new channels via the tivo box.

You can't unorder them though.   

Nor online via their "thank you for your new order" email.   

No, it takes a phonecall to Virgin.

And yes, I have now changed my pin number.

Then Thunderthighs calls from above "My tv is buggered"

What am I?  A tv technician?

So I go and have a look and yes the sound is there but the picture is a wash out.   

We try switching it off and back on again.   

No joy.  

 How long have you had this tv Thunderthighs?

"Six and a half years"

You have to admire his memory and accuracy.

When I compliment him on this

"Well it may be six and a quarter"

So on our big shop there's a telly on the list of things to get.

Then he watches the Great British Car Journeys, comes down and says 

"Can we drive along the A3?"

If he's like this about every episode that's our trips away sorted for the next few years.

And to add to my joy Teddy's neck's gone scabby again so he's got a sanitary towel collar on and it's a trip to the vets tomorrow.

 
 
 
 
And now Ferretfingers can't find his effin lunchbox and expects me to sort that out for him.  I might have been a bit more willing if he hadn't left making his packing up until 11pm and now I'll have to crowbar him out of bed in the morning.

 

Why is there no emoticon for thoroughly pissed off?

 

Erica Makes life in our house feel normal! Take care.

Mrs Banjoman And.... breathe. Tomorrow is another day of turmoil.
Miss Fiddle Is it worth getting the TV fixed? We have a lovely TV repair man in my village...
Strawangel Oh bugger!
Mrs Lasagne Oh Ben thank goodness it’s now a new day ! What a day for you xxx
Mrs Quilt Full of sympathy and admiration

No comments:

Post a Comment