Friday 5 February 2021

Cold Caller Baiting #9

 From Facebook archives ...

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Phone rings, I pick up, after a long pause:-
"Hello"
Hello
"Am I talking with Miss Benton Bag" in a Chinese accent
Who are you?
"My name is Sue"
Sue what?
"I don't know what you mean"
Your surname. I am Benton Bag.  What is your second name?
"That is none of your business"
Well you rang me, and you have my surname, so it's only fair I have yours.
The line went dead.

Yesterday morning I had a good ten minutes toying with an Asian gentleman called Peter from World something or other, who had been getting messages on their server that there was something wrong with my router.   

He had three goes at guessing who my service provider is and seemed not to understand when I told him I'd rather chew my own arm off than use Sky.   
He asked what I was doing and I informed him I was eating breakfast and watching television.  
He told me I had to go and sit in front of my computer.   
When I told him that there was no way I was going to be told what to do by some man I didn't know from Adam and, by the way, what made him believe I actually had a computer, 
the line went dead.

I know.
It's pitiful.
But I have to get my fun where I can, and it's saving some other poor soul from being bothered or scammed.

Strawangel We do the same! 😂

Bentonbag It whiles away a few moments in a socially useful way.
Paganess I frequently do this, Friday and I kept one on the phone for a good half hour 'coz we were bored! X x
Bentonbag Oh well done! 👏👍
Drummerman Go, girl!!!
AB Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment