Saturday 21 January 2023

A Good Week Chez Chateau Midden

MONDAY

The thirteen year old car passed its MOT
The WI ‘Random Acts of Crafting Kindness’ meeting went really well, with lots of companionship and chat.  And I got rid of yarn, knitting needles and crochet hooks, small plastic pots that once held mayonnaise and three dozen page-a-day calendar sheets that the boys refuse to allow me to throw away.  Talk about Reuse and Recycle.  Mrs Leftfoot was impressed.
Also I won the raffle (Bon Maman Fig Conserve, and Ringtons teabags and Brazil Nut biscuits).

TUESDAY

Thunderthighs annual medical went well, he goes on his own.
A lovely handwritten lettercard arrived from a friend, together with two £25 Premium Bond cheques.
So did an email notification that I’ve been paid for supporting artiste work in the Moving All Around music video

WEDNESDAY

Ferretfingers annual medical also went well.  It started with an encouraging chat about Thunderthighs.   Dr Z is very happy with Ferretfingers’ weekly activities, and impressed that at one session he swam 42 lengths/a kilometre.  Although he’s put weight on his blood pressure (which caused anxiety last year) is normal.  Huge relief.
In order to aid weight loss, or at least minimise gain, I made a unilateral executive decision, removed all the large dinner plates from the kitchen and replaced them with older, slightly smaller ‘breakfast’ plates.  So when Fester piles them high, which he does, there’s slightly less.  He’s a feeder and, as Dr Z said “it comes from a place of love.”
Thunderthighs and I also had a shopping trip to Tesco, which made and change and we found some very good and tasty ‘reduced to clear’ offers.

THURSDAY

My 18 month Virgin contract is about to run out and the monthly bill to go up.   
It took half the morning but I eventually spoke to a lovely Indian lad, Mesh, and got my Virgin monthly bill back to a reasonable amount.  At the same time I got rid of a load of channels I never, and will never, want to watch.
I had a very pleasant evening with Pearl and friends at the People’s Theatre seeing 
The Death Trap.  As the lights went down for the opening scene Mrs Leftfoot leant across and muttered “This is not January” into my ear.

FRIDAY

Taking a bag of stuff up to St Oswald Hospice Shop I noticed a child’s Frozen themed trundle-suit-case, in excellent condition: the perfect gift for the elder great-niece.   
The discussion of the purchase of which led to phone calls with both sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment