Tuesday 3 January 2023

Lockdown Tier Four

Most of the time I keep myself cheerful and the negativity under control… 
but every now reality bursts the dam. 
By the way, I didn’t object to the lockdowns: they were necessary, may be again, and I was and will be happy to comply with them.   
It was the chopping and changing and not knowing that got to me; and the effect they had on my boys.
From Facebook archives
3 January 2021
What's on my mind Mr Facebook?
I'll tell you what's on my mind.
Now we're in Tier 4 the gym and swimming pool are shut so neither of my boys will be getting their weekly exercise.
This is not so bad for Thunderthighs, he can adapt.
Ferretfingers on the other hand ...
We don't know whether the Day Centre or Ouseburn Farm will be operating.   
So I'm wondering whether the Day Centre's minibus will turn up tomorrow or whether or when they will phone.  
I've replied to LDNE's email asking me if we want to carry on with Emile's sessions but without the pool or farm (Friday) what's he to do with him if the weather is awful.   
It's unfair to mess someone about with "Well yes if the weather is good but no if it's not" - it's his work for goodness sake and his pay (in part) depends on hours put in.   
Also we can't ask him to 'mind' Ferretfingers in our house.  It's one thing to pop in, masked, to collect and deposit him - entirely another to spend any length of time here (and probably illegal).
Ferretfingers is talking a lot more, mostly asking questions, the same ones over and over again.  This is not a silver lining as it's entirely due to him be anxious, having the routine of his life entirely disrupted, and worry.  He is also 'stimming' a lot: flapping and humming, not words just inchoate noises.   
But it's a lot better than those times when the whole thing gets too much for him and he puts on the Pobl Y Cwm, Emmerdale or World In Action theme music which always make him cry.
It's very very hard for a mother to listen to.
Mrs Quilt  No words can help.  Here to listen.
Mrs Leftfoot  Me too. Ring tomorrow if you need to let off steam. X
Erica  I’ve got staff some days which helps as they can come in the house and do craft etc but go out... to where and for what?  Everything is closed and their social networks are no more. I understand the cafes in Wallsend /tynemouth and Northumberland parks are still open for take outs.
Lives on hold again!
Take care.
Woolerwoman  So sorry I can't do anything to help.  Maybe councils need to develop a strategy for times like this - we should ask them what they intend to do?!
LMJ  It’s not illegal for carers to come in to your home to provide care/supervision to vulnerable adult to allow families a break x
Mrs Lasagne  Oh Ben it’s just the hardest thing to see when understanding this cruel virus and understanding affect it has on families in so many ways , it’s very hard to explain to a child with learning difficulties without them spiralling out of control with anxiety , it’s frightening too.  You are an amazing mother totally devoted to the boys.  Who would have thought any of this was possible the world is in such a mess xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment