Sunday 1 January 2023

Omen?

Last night I saw the New Year in with Thunderthighs.

Wished Ferretfingers and Fester a Happy New Year on my way up to the loft to watch the fireworks out of the velux windows and went to bed.
Sometime around three Fester woke me with “There’s been a power cut.”
Not something I really needed to know, or could do anything about.
At 04:35 the mobile went off.
A text from Powergrid to tell me the electricity was off and they’d endeavour to get it back by 06:00.
Again not something I needed to know, nor to be woken up for.
Then at 05:05 Powergrid texted again: thanking us for our patience “whilst we fixed the problem that caused your power cut” and suggesting we try a light switch to check that our power is back.
Nothing about trying my patience by waking me up, twice, in the early hours.
I appreciate that Northern Powergrid feel the need to communicate problems with their customers, and that it was probably done by an automated system that doesn’t understand the need for undisturbed sleep – but for goodness sake!
I now have to go and put the radio alarm and boiler clocks to the correct times.
If this is an omen of the year ahead – Gawdelpus.

This is what I put on Facebook last year and it still applies

1 January 2022 at 09:52

Well here we are peeping around the door of another year and wondering whether to stride out, or slam it shut and go back to bed.
Thank you for all your kind words, and deeds, over the past year.
Let's gird our loins, tighten our belts, grab a big stick, screw our courage to the sticking place and stride, chins up and shoulders back, into whatever's waiting for us.
Good luck
Drummerman  To infinity and beyond, he said, literally decimating the English language.
Miss Doozer  Thank you for the good wishes; a healthy dose of luck never goes amiss...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment