Wednesday 5 April 2023

Free To Good Homes

From Facebook archives.

5 April 2021
I spent yesterday afternoon sorting out the garden "while we still have the weather". 
It was quite chilly, but not as chilly as this morning when I went out and found snow dusting the plants and shady bits. 
Here are some blackcurrant cuttings potted up and free to good homes.
Whenever bits gets snapped or pruned off I just shove them in the nearest bit of compost and they either root or die.  
These rooted.   
I ran out of pots deep enough so had to upcycle some big pop bottles.
If you want one come and get it.
I'd leave them in those pots for a while before planting them out, but that's up to whoever comes and gets one (or more).
🌿🌿🌿
They all found good homes with friends.
Today’s task, if the weather holds, is to dig up and transplant a blackcurrant bush which has grown up in entirely the wrong place; interfering with the washing line.  I’m aware it’s the wrong time but, like I’ve said before, it will either thrive or die.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment