Sunday 23 April 2023

Happy St George's Day

Last year I used this photograph on my Facebook Post, which brought a few comments from fellow Tyne Bridge Morris dancers, some of whom are quite diminutive.
From Facebook Archives …
23 April 2022
Freshly minted this St George's Day morning so feel free to share.
I don't know whether it's the effect of St George's Day but I'm feeling particularly bolshie this morning.
Mrs Banjoman  Oh those horrible cobbles! They were hell to dance on.
Bentonbag  Setts not cobbles, as someone in Sedgefield was at pains to point out to me. Apparently they'd been 'heritaged' and setts were more 'authentic'. Whoever set them half and inch apart, not level with each other and wobbling needed seeing to - and not in a good way
Mrs Banjoman 😂😂 
Mr Whyte  Somebody I knew from Sheffield would always offer the same correction!
Mrs Quilt   They weren’t laid by people with size 5 feet. Not so bad under sturdy size 9 boots!
Miss Fiddle   Size 3s were even worse!
Mrs Quilt   I'll bet they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment