Thursday 6 April 2023

Cold Caller Baiting #24 Hello

Early April is another time of slim pickings in the Facebook archives, due to us often being away on Easter holidays; which is why this little morsel is a day too soon.
7 April 2016 ·
Phone rings.    
Satellite link pause.   
Chinese/Asian voice imperatively "Hello! Hello!"
Me(in song) "Who's your lady friend? Who's the little girlie by your side?"
Voice "You are Miss Benton Bag!"   
and then he rang off.
Mrs Lasagne  Haha xx
Mrs Elplates  Love it! I must try it.
☏ ☏ ☏
They seem to be getting wiser.
A couple of days ago I answered the phone to a satellite delay and an oriental female voice.
“Hello…  Is that Miss Benton Bag?”
“Who are you?”
“I am Cynthia and I am calling you from Windows about a number of viruses that are infecting your computer.”
“What?  Again!  I have somebody from Window ringing me almost every morning about the viruses infecting my computer…”
And there she was gone…
 

I shall be up and out early tomorrow to see the Northern Cross pilgrims crossing the sands to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne.
I shall also be up and out early on Saturday to help at a Breakfast With The Easter Bunny event at LD:North East.
And I shall be helping at a Hippitty Hoppitty event on Easter Sunday afternoon.
So there may be no more Tales of Chateau Midden until Monday at the earliest.
Have a happy and (if you’re so inclined) Holy Easter.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment