Saturday 22 April 2023

Planning Early For Christmas

One little girl had a dolly to play with last Christmas

From Facebook Archives...

22 April 2022 at 16.56
Just been dropping ragbag stuff off at 
St Oswald's Hospice Shop and, having the mandatory rake around, discovered naked 
Barbie dolls (including one of colour) and a Ken (which is a first as I've never seen a Ken, ActionMan yes, but never Ken).   
It's occurred to me that now might be the time to start dressing dollies as Xmas gift donations to food banks or refugee charities. I have the yarn, time, patterns and expertise.   
Anyone want to join me?  
It would really be an act of crafting kindness.
Mrs Jeremy  I think it's a wonderful idea. 
Sadly, I have no crafting experience/expertise whatsoever - much to my regret.I can sew but don't have a machine...
Bentonbag  It's never too late to learn - or buy a sewing machine - I'm sure if you asked 
Mr Jeremy...
Mrs Quilt  Making a dress and pants for 16" Tina has driven me to distraction.  
My knitting skills have sailed right down the Swanee.  I don't know how you do it!
Bess Cavalier  I could do some over the summer and bring them to the next Coven for you.
Bentonbag  With the prevalence of foodbanks I'm sure you'll have one near you who could use them.
Kentishlady  I'll have a look in local charity shops for some dolls.  Not promising I'll be able to get any clothes made, but will give it a go.
Bentonbag  Lying in bed this morning it occurred to me that Ken could be converted to Kristoff, the love interest in Frozen.  I wonder if Hera will still be into Frozen next Xmas.
Mrs Quilt   I can’t remember which Disney princess was my grandaughter’s hearts desire when she was four. I bought a bog standard Barbie and made the dress. 
Even the daughter-in-law didn’t notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment