Tuesday 11 April 2023

The Leafleter


In 2016 the Coven met for a weekend in Richmond, near Kew.
As is our wont we spent much of the Saturday exploring the delights and possibilities of the high street’s charity shops.
From Facebook archives...
11 April 2016
As the Coven moved from one charity shop to another in Richmond a leafleter leapt into my path and proffered an EU Referendum pamphlet.
Being a polite person I said 
"No thank you"
"Why not?" he barks
"Because I'm well enough informed already."
"Yes but you may be misinformed"
Fortunately for him and public order I was not in combative mood and had moved on but:-
1. Who was he to judge whether I'm misinformed or not.
2. He's as likely to be pushing misinformation as anyone else.
I don't know whether he was pro or anti as I didn't take his pamphlet.
Bess Cavalier  He was anti - it was on his carrier bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment