Sunday 23 January 2022

Cold Caller Baiting #19 Telephone Preference Service

From Facebook archives
23 January 2018
Phone rang… I picked up… satellite delay then a south asian accented girl says
"Hello, am I speaking to Miss Bentonbag"
"Who are you?"
"Mam, I am calling from the United Kingdom Government's Unwanted Telephone Call Service and, mam, you are getting unwanted telephone calls."
"And this is one of them. Where are you from again?"
She repeats the title
"And where are you calling from?"
She repeats the title
"No. Where are you making this telephone call from?"
"Camden."
"What's the weather like in Camden today?"
"It is morning."
"I know that. What's the weather like in Camden today?"
"It is ten o'clock."
"Ten o'clock is a time. I asked you what the weather is like in Camden today?"
"Cloudy" which sounded like a guess.
"Ah ha.  It's cloudy.  What else?  Is it hot, cold, what?"
"Cold" again it sounded like a guess.
"And what was the weather like in Camden yesterday?"
"What was the weather like yesterday!?"
"Well you see, I don't actually believe you are calling me from Camden, and I already have Telephone Preference Service."

Shortly after that the line disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment