Monday 31 January 2022

Tea Time Memory

Given last week’s post about preparing tea this Facebook memory seems appropriate.

31 January 2016 at 11:13 ·

A friend’s post on Facebook just reminded me ....

In the 1980s Phil and I had a few holidays on the Isle of Skye (prompted by him and friends playing at the Isle of Skye Folk Festival).
He loved seafood and was delighted to buy some fresh Queen Scallops, which he lovingly prepared for our tea. I politely commented that they were nice.
"Yes" he said proudly "and they were only a pound a pound"
"A pound!" says I horrified (remember this was in the 80s when money was worth more) "a pound!! For goodness sake Philip, I'd have been as happy with fish-fingers."

Yes I am a philistine and it was a case of pearls before swine.

No comments:

Post a Comment