Thursday 6 January 2022

Cupboard Love


Before the present unpleasantness I spent a considerable amount of time in WoodlawnSchool’s PTA cupboard sorting, tidying, filling and emptying it of stuff for the Summer Fair, the Xmas Pudding Fun Run and fundraising at events such as Harvest Festival, Easter or Christmas services and concerts.

Once, when Thunderthighs was about to leave school and I’d announced that I was going to retire from the PTA, Mrs Rose, passed the door as I was rooting around and asked

“What are you going to do when you haven’t got that cupboard to play in any longer?”
To which I replied archly “I’ve got some perfectly good cupboards to play in at home..”

From Facebook archives…

6 January 2017 at 16:51

Today I went with my LDNE hat (or to be more accurate badge) on to the Riverside centre for a meeting about setting up a North Tyneside Parent and Carer Forum.  It was after one of Huggy G's play sessions for disabled pre-schoolers.   
One of the physiotherapists who also works in Woodlawn School was there.
"I recognise you from somewhere" she says.
"The PTA cupboard" I suggested "I'm usually in there getting stuff out or trying to fit stuff in."
"Oh yes" she says "that's it."
I'm considering requesting they stick some of my ashes in there when I'm gone
Bentonbag @ Mrs Lasagne!  You’ll like this!
Mrs Lasagne  Mine will be on the shelf beside you

No comments:

Post a Comment