Friday 28 January 2022

Two For Tea

Fester does the cooking, by which I mean he makes tea and insists on making different meals for him and me and the boys.  
He gets very passionate about the whole thing.
I get sick of being asked what I want days in advance as, mostly, I see food as fuel or comfort.
And the histrionics when people don’t appear immediately when he calls them to the kitchen; especially as one then has to hang around whilst he takes forever plating up.
He also has an anathema to putting plates on the worktop next to the hob, instead swinging from the pan to the counter behind him with the food on a whatever implement is to hand: which is frequently too small and drips stuff on the floor.   
And why hold a bowl in your hand to ladle broth into it, when there is a perfectly good bench to stand it on whilst serving without the risk of tipping, spillages or scalding?
All I want is something plain and simple prepared and served with as little fuss as possible.
If he is unwell, and I take over, teatimes are quite different.

From Facebook archives

27 January 2018 at 10:57

Dr Fester seems a lot better this morning (although I've had to put the bed-linen in the wash)
Last night's tea for the boys was: 5 fried fish fingers each, a shared tin of microwaved baked beans and 2 slices of bread&spread each.   

Quick, simple and no kitchen operatics.   

Believe me the usual rushing about and bellowing makes Tosca look calm.

28 January 2018 at 12:52

Dr Fester is up and dressed (in his fashion), has made it down to the kitchen and attempted kippers for brunch, so is apparently on the road to recovery. 

The question is: who is going to be in charge of preparing tea this afternoon?

Drummerman  Kippers For Brunch - is this a remake of of the Brotherhood Of Man "Classic"?
Bentonbag  As in 'Save all your kippers for me'
Drummerman  "Save All Your Kippers For Tea"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment