Saturday 29 January 2022

Ties

 

From Facebook archives

29 January 2018 at 19:19 ·

We've had an interesting little time.  

Thunderthighs has been told to take his CV into college tomorrow and to wear smart clothes.

The CV we dealt with yesterday afternoon, with mother explaining to him what one was and giving him a list of headings.  

He decided on the short sleeved check shirt his auntie gave him for Christmas (snug but ok).  The jacket and trousers he wore for our wedding and Dad's funeral no longer fit.  He's found, goodness knows where, a pair of formal trousers that also fit and he's wearing his dad's wedding jacket (I think).  

The real fun started with the tie.  He thought a bow tie would chafe (and look strange on checks).  So we were left with: my school tie which now lives on my old teddy; the tie Phil kept in the library in case a councillor called; a tie which I nicked off my Dad during my Annie Hall phase (1976?); and Fester's Balfour-Browne water beetler club tie, brown bearing a yellow diving beetle.  That last was the longest so we went for that one.
Then of course I had to tie it for him.
And I've no doubt that I'll have to tie it for him tomorrow morning too.
Anyone know where we can buy a really long tie?

I hope you’ve now got your breath back after being told Fester actually owns a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment