Sunday 2 January 2022

The Bargain Hunters

I like to feel our mums would think we have taught the boys well when it comes to shopping.
The milkman’s delivery of a gallon or so on Christmas Eve didn’t stop Thunderthighs bringing a two-quart-container home a couple of days ago saying 
“They were selling it off for 5p.”
Rice pudding ahoy!

From Facebook Archives…

2 January 2011 at 16:21

I shouldn't have let Fester and Ferretfingers out to Iceland alone.

We now have a 3.6 kilo turkey in the freezer.

"It only cost £5."

I suppose it'll stop the goose* from feeling lonely.

Mrs Jeremy  I love it!
Tylebach  An eye for a bargain!
Bentonbag  I shouldn't really complain - 
I keep bringing home 50p clearance bags from Henderson's Greengrocers - it's a good thing we like parsnips and we've had to make marmalade with the citrus.
Tylebach  Ffair play to you! I really admire you xxx

*post-Christmas offer half price from Lidl

No comments:

Post a Comment