Saturday 6 May 2023

Form Filling Phobia

From Facebook archives
 
6 May 2015 at 12.11
You won't hear me say this very often but fair's fair...
God Bless North Tyneside MBC, and in particular Dawn from their adult social care team who has just spent the past two hours with me dialling numbers, hanging on line, holding my hand and generally supporting me whilst we apply for ESA and PIP for Ferretfingers.
And she's promised to come back with someone else to help fill in the paperwork when it starts coming through.
As an educated woman, with a degree and good organisational skills, I really should not feel so intimidated and frightened by all the bureaucracy and form filling.
But I do, to the point of petrification.
And it's nothing to do with feeling unentitled or anything like that.
It's just stomach turning hand trembling form filling phobia.
Anyway it's all been started off and a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Madame Fifi  I'm sharing Ben's post as I know others are going through the same thing.
Strawangel  Good luck B. I'm dreading our turn xx
Cousin Mumbles  Know exactly how you feel, been through it with my son.  I used to like Vivaldi but since hanging on the phone for so long , I hate it. The forms aren't too bad though.
Mrs Poet  I appreciate you daily even more. 🌺
Mrs KA  Well done YOU.x
FifiD  I was the same with the daughter's passport form..paid for the checking service. Just as well as the photos can only be valid for one months and hers were taken and dated at Xmas... X
Henlady  It is being able to put ticks in unknown boxes that gets me when getting help with my mum.  I do sympathise.

No comments:

Post a Comment