Friday 19 May 2023

Snottogram

From Facebook Archives
19 May 2014 at 16:33 
Have just sent a snottogram-email which might set a cat amongst a pigeon or two.
Ms Exlibris  My favourite sort of email!
Madame Fifi  What's a snottogram-email?
Bentonbag  My brother introduced us to the term snottogram for a letter where you complain and/or express your feelings in strong and very clear (but not foul) language - ie get snotty about things.   
A snottogram-email is where you do it by email.
The Niece  That is such an Uncle term!
Bess Cavailer  It works - I complained to M&S about the drop in quality of their breakfast service and was sent a £5.00 gift card.  Would still have preferred a decent bacon sandwich though!
Bentonbag  In the earlier years of the boys' education I wrote quite a few to the Local Authority about various failings or dissatisfactory service (copied of course to local councillors and senior management).  Strangely I don't seem to have to do it as much these days.
Either they've got better, I've got more tolerant or they just think 
"Oh cheeses it's that woman, just do as you're asked."
I am not an unreasonable woman ....

No comments:

Post a Comment