Wednesday 10 May 2023

Bloggiversary


 

It’s seven years since I started this blog, and what a strange seven years it has been.

At first the blog was intermittent and irregular.
Most readers were friends and family so I would send them the link, and put it on Facebook so people couldn’t complain about missing it.
And then the pandemic happened.
More friends and family started reading it, possibly out of boredom, Facebook friends and Twitter followers started clicking on the link too.
Of course the end of lockdowns means people have a lot more interesting things to do.
But thank you for coming here to see what I’m on about.
I hope it’s more often interesting than tedious, and more often amusing than sad.
Here’s to the next seven years (if we’re spared).

10 May 2016 at 13:51
I think it's time I started blogging again.
So I've used one of Ferretfingers’ google accounts to create Tales of Chateau Midden on  http://bentonbag.blogspot.co.uk/.
I kept all the drafts of my old blogs so I'm starting from the very beginning as I thought people might like to catch up. So some of you may have read them before, or they may be entirely new. 
Either way, enjoy.

πŸ–‹πŸ–‹πŸ–‹
Talesof Chateau Midden
Life with Fester, Ferretfingers and Thunderthighs: an obsessive entomologist turning mining historian and our two autistic sons. This has been prompted by family and friends reading facebook posts and saying "You should write a book". But I don't know how to go about that so they'll have to make do…
πŸ–‹πŸ–‹πŸ–‹
Cousin Daisy  Worthy of a sitcom script
Ms Telyn  Hurrah!x
Bess Cavalier  I hope that's 4n in your teacup in the picture on your blog page!
Even though you're starting this as a blog, you can still turn it into a book - lots of people do.

🐌🐌🐌

And on the snail hunt front

10 May 2016 at 23:03 ·
The torchlit snail hunt tonight resulted in 14 snails, but only one frog visible in the pond. Considerably colder tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment