Thursday 11 May 2023

In The Garden

 From Facebook archives

12 May 2018 at 17:05
Today was mostly spent pottering in the garden.   
I have potted all of the tomato seedlings and now have about four dozen pots containing one or two seedlings each.   Actually some pots have up to five tiny seedlings in.  The sturdy plants are on the bedroom windowsill, with the window ajar, to encourage them to be hardy.   The tiny ones are on the living room bay-window-sill getting some tlc.
Anyone within striking distance who wants a little tomato plant is welcome to pop around for a pot or three.
Fester has been doing his best to keep me occupied and fulfil a mild desire I mentioned to green up the drive.  He's been buying pots of saxifrage, thyme and alpines and dropping heavy hints about me planting them.  Not easy as our drive is hard-packed clay and brick gravel.   But I got my kneeler, claw trowel and bulb trowel out this afternoon and planted another four pots of stuff.
I feel a lot better after a bath and look forward to a chicken salad and an evening of unintellectual telly.
I may even treat myself to a glass of red.

12 May 2018 at 22:33 
11 snails, four frogs in pond (maybe more) cool damp air spitting with rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment