Friday 22 May 2020

Aviator Sam


Today is my Great Niece’s second birthday.

This is Aviator Sam. 

I bought him for Ferretringers' 2nd birthday (over twenty years ago) but, being autistic, he never played with him.
Neither did Thunderthighs as he was far more interested in trains.
Sam has sat in the loft in the crib with other cuddlies for a lot of years.
He still has most of the clothes and accessories that came with him.
A couple of weeks ago I dug him out, put him through the washer, gave him a scrub and laid him on a sunny windowstill to dry out.
When I undressed him I realised he had nothing under his flying coat, trousers or shoes.
To make him decent and comfy, I've made him a pullover, pants and socks.
His pyjama jacket has gone missing, so I've made him a bed jacket.

The good thing about knitted doll's clothes is that they can, at a stretch, be worn by any similar sized dolly or teddy.   
Dolls are not possessive.

I hope he finally gets played with.

No comments:

Post a Comment