Sunday 31 May 2020

Mind Your Head #1The Shop Sign

As nothing very interesting has happened, and Facebook has failed to throw up an interesting memory, I thought I’d recycle a blog originally posted in another place in January 2011.  That blog was quite long so I’ve split it into three.

Fester came to Lidl with me yesterday morning. 

On my own I progress in a systematic and stately manner up and down the aisles picking up what I need when I see it.

He has to rush across the cross aisles whenever anything catches his eye.  

Today it was bananas.

"Do we need bananas?"

"Yes, but I'll pick them up when we get there."

Nothing doing - he pushed and shoved across the corner of the stand to reach for the bananas.

Now above the fruit and veg stall Lidl has hung a great big multicoloured prices sign. 10ft long by 3ft high about an inch thick and almost precisely 5ft 7inches above the ground, but well set back from all the edges of the stall.

Does Fester see it?

Need you ask?

He cracked his head right on the bottom corner edge and comes away with a bleeding L shaped cut, and eventually a lump.

The damn thing was still swinging minutes later.

When we got to the till I asked for the manager and showed him Fester's forehead - not for compensation just as a health'n'safety issue.  

He's reporting it to his area manager.

Honestly - the man has 3 degrees and can't be taken out without a tin hat on!


No comments:

Post a Comment