Sunday 3 May 2020

Cold Caller Baiting #1


Facebook memories threw this up – I’m sure there will be more hence the #


Phone rings
 
A few seconds satellite delay then ...

"Hello this is Sarah from Microsoft I want to talk to you about your computer." 
                                                                      (Sarah has a strong Oriental accent)
Sarah what?
"Sarah from Microsoft"
I heard that but what is your surname, your second name?
"My second name is Watson."
So Sarah Watson, what can I do for you?
"I want to talk to you about your computer"
Which computer?
"Pardon me?"
Which computer?
"The computer you have in your house."
Yes, but which one?
"Why? How many have you got?"
Six

There was a short silence followed by giggles and Sarah Watson (pull the other one) was gone.

***

Anyone who wishes to use this approach to cold calls is quite welcome to.

By the way
Is it just me or, have cold calls reduced to almost nothing during this present unpleasantness?
All we’re getting it that mechanical lady talking about our non-existent Amazon Prime account.

Not much of a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment