Tuesday 12 May 2020

Sartorial Elegance


We lunched in the Italian in Heaton Park and by way of conversation I asked Fester what he might be wearing to The Squireen's forthcoming birthday bash.

At teatime, while we were watching Pointless, he announced
"A pair of decent shoes, trousers and a shirt should do it."
Do what?
"The Squireen's party."
Not those shoes you've got on?
"No, I said decent shoes."
Well, I'm not certain of your definition of decent.  Never mind dear I'll choose the shirt.  It's not worth choosing a tie because it wouldn't be seen under the beard.
"Tie! She's not dead is she?"
Would you wear a tie to her funeral if she were?
"Good grief no."

I suppose I should be grateful that he wore a tie (albeit a bow one) to our wedding. 
But I'm beginning to wonder whether he's grown the beard so he's never forced to do so again.

No comments:

Post a Comment