Sunday 18 October 2020

After You

Facebook post 18 October 2018 at 13:10 ·

On Tuesday I upgraded my life insurance so that I'm covered until I'm 90.
 
Fester discovered the brochure I'd left in the bedroom and I told him 
"I know the cost of a funeral wouldn't put a dent in your vast fortune, and you could well afford it, but I just wanted to make sure for myself."
"Well I'd be a bit unhappy if you died before me."
"Now that's the difference between you and Phil*. When we had this conversation he said he'd be bereft if I went first. You: you'd be 'a bit unhappy'. This is merely an observation by the way, not a value judgement."
"Well, your lot all live into their nineties anyway."
"Dad was nearly 94 and Mum 84, but Auntie Ed and Uncle Laurie made it into their nineties and three of my grandparents into their eighties. In fact my sister-in-law did the family tree and they mostly lived into their eighties as far back as she could get (1760) so I'll do my best not to pre-decease you."
"Thanks."

Mind you I suspect he's only bothered because of all the organising and work he'd have to do if I did.

 

*for those new to the blog, my first husband RIP 24 September 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment