Saturday 17 October 2020

One Of Those Days

In 2012, our annus horribilis, when Fester’s brother dropped dead, we were in the middle of having a loft extension done, which involved a lot of upheaval and shift stuff around the house, then we brought a load of stuff up from Sheffield as it was easier to sort it out here than there.

17 October 2012 at 10:16 · ·

Today I must sort out the boys' room for the new beds arriving tomorrow. 

Thing is all the stuff from the airing cupboard and loads of stuff from Sheffield have been dumped in there, plus all their stuff. 

Quart into pint pot job again.
Feel as if I've been doing the sorting and packing bit of moving house since July without actually getting or going anywhere.
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGJJJJJJHHHHH!

17 October 2012 at 15:52 · ·

So I rush upstairs because I've heard Will Fixit's phone ring followed by shouts of "Ben - Ben" only to find Ben the roofer's phone has 'phoned his phone on speed dial independently without Ben knowing about it!

17 October 2012 at 18:49 ·

I'm hoovering the bedroom and telling himself quite firmly that if socks are not on his feet they should either be in the drawer clean or in the laundry basket dirty not getting in my way on the floor and what about all these bloody shoes cluttering the place as well - 

when he looks at his feet and says 

"Oh I've just noticed, I put odd shoes on this morning"
I know he didn't get up until 10 but this was half past 3 in the afternoon.

Mrs Leftfoot You were doing WHAT???????? (I think we both need to get out more!... Hoovering,,cleaning dustbins........ where's it going to end?) xxxxxx

Bess Cavalier Done that! The odd shoe thing. Being a firm believer that if you find a item of clothing that suits you, including shoes, buy it in every colour, I once went to work wearing odd shoes (one burgundy, one black - both looked the same colour in the half light of early morning - they were the same style and it was the late 70's when you could get away with that sort of thing. I didn't notice until about 11.00 am!
Bentonbag The thing is Bess one was a slip on and the other a velcro over the top job.
Mrs Leftfoot I'm only hoovering upstairs because we're expecting new beds for the boys and having dragged the bloody thing up there I thought I may as well do everywhere I could reach.
Also Mrs Leftfoot I polished the piano this morning - strangely co-incidental to my brother and his wife coming over for coffee.
Mrs Leftfoot Well Ben, you should have taken them instead.

17 October 2012 at 22:42 ··

I don't want to worry anyone but I saw a gritter and snowplough on Coach Lane this evening

Henlady Ugh !
Dulcima Wettest summer for years and now this - what did we do to deserve it??
Bentonbag and this morning - fog!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment