Saturday 2 January 2021

BBC 'News'

 

 From Facebook Archives

BBC News "... and in Carmarthenshire the River Towy has burst its bank ..."
I spent most of the first 19 years of my life in the Towy (Tywi) valley and it would be news if it was a winter when it hadn't burst its banks.
To quote Fester "Oh a high tide and a bit of rain then ...."
As Danny Baker on 5Live recently said "We're the BBC, if you're not being scared we're not doing our job properly."


Many thanks to Mark Revitt for allowing me to use this photo, taken last February (2020).

I was brought up just over there, in the red bungalow behind the row of light coloured houses.   

Every time we go home I drive along the Bethlehem Road and stop to look at this view over towards Cwmifor.  
It’s a flood plain and floods happen to a greater or lesser extent every year.   
The livestock are up on the higher ground.   
There are few if any buildings on it - at the moment.
I'm assuming the floods here are up to the railway line, but I wonder if they've gone under and up that little underpass that goes up the lane to Capel Isaf and CoedMawr. 
When I was a child the whole of my world was bound by that line of trees on the brow of the hill above Llechwydderi farm, the Towy, Glanrwyth lane, Coed Mawr lane and Cwmifor.

5 comments:

  1. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. karuvu panu amount checking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind remarks. I've been trying to blog every day during this present unpleasantness to keep friends (especially those living alone) amused. I must confess it has helped to keep my moral up too. Keep safe.

      Delete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... celebrity news entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. write for us technology

    ReplyDelete