Friday 22 January 2021

Mood! What Mood?

From Facebook archives ...

22 January 2016 at 10:34

I go to the GP with my poorly knee. I have a damn good idea what the problem is and what he'll say, but I want it on my notes for future reference and some advice. 

As expected he says "Wear and tear, beginning of osteoarthritis ... use painkillers and rubs when necessary ... here's a sheet of knee exercises ... what about your weight?"

So I explain: I've been fighting my weight since I was 12; my husband does the cooking; he is very good at it but believes fat=flavour; and I possibly comfort eat because of the situation of having an autistic son (a reason not an excuse)

"Oh, how is your mood?  Carers typically put themselves last.  You must look after yourself. 

Fill in this mood form and come back and have a chat with one of us about counselling."

AAAARRRGGGHHHH

I know he was only being on the ball and kind, but for goodness sake!

Bess Cavalier Try a desert spoon of good quality cider vinegar and a desert spoon of honey dissolved in a mug of hot water - it's supposed to be good for the joints.  I learnt about at a Farmers' Market in Glastontbury a few years ago (their cider vinegar was the best I've tasted).   

The leaflet from the Farners' Market recommended taking this 3-4 time a day, but I generally only manage 1 cup a day, but am convinced it helps.
Bess Cavalier That should be dessert spoon! No idea how big a 'desert' spoon would be ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment