Wednesday 20 January 2021

He Did It Again!

 From Facebook archives ...

20 January 2011 at 16:34

Fester came to Lidl with me this morning.   

On my own I progress in a systematic and stately manner up and down the aisles picking up what I need when I see it.   

Impatiens has to rush across the cross aisles whenever anything catches his eye.   

Today it was bananas.

"Do we need bananas?"

"Yes, but I'll pick them up when we get there."

Nothing doing: he has to shove and push around the corner of the stand to reach for the bananas.

Now above the fruit and veg stall Lidl has hung a great big prices sign; 10ft long by 3ft high about an inch thick, of mdf and almost precisely 5ft 7inches above the ground, but well set back from all the edges of the stall.

Does Fester see it?

Do bears shit etc...?

Cracks his head right on the bottom corner edge and comes away with a bleeding L shaped cut, and eventually a lump.

The damn thing was still swinging minutes later.

When we got to the till I asked for the manager and showed him Fester's forehead - not for compensation just as a health'n'safety issue.  He's reporting it to his area manager this afternoon.

Honestly - the man has 3 degrees and can't be taken out without a tin hat on!

FifiD Mine would be Snicker bars, family size.

Miss Fiddle As soon as I saw the words "hung" and "sign" I knew what had happened ... now you know what to get him for Christmas/birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment