Thursday 21 January 2021

Duck Soup

From Facebook archives ...

21 January 2010 at 19:04 ·

Homemade duck soup followed by a third of a half-price raspberry pavlova Fester got from Iceland means I feel really stuffed and not in the mood for dance practice.

Ms Tylebach oooooooo you have some fine dining dontcha? mmmmm duck soup I mean...never even thought of it...sounds lush xxx

Bentonbag It is.  Fester is the chef.  The Grainger Market in Newcastle has some good food stalls, including a game one.  He got the duck there (going cheap not quack) and instead of roasting it (we have a very fast oven) broiled it.  We had some of the meat as Sunday dinner.  Then he boiled up all the skin and bones in the broiling water to get a really good stock.  Soaked lentils, potatoes, carrots, leek/onion and swede - ie what was getting old in the veg rack.  I think parsnip would have been god too if we'd had any.

Strawangel Oooooh, delish! I thought the game stall at the Grainger had gone Ben?
Good to know it's back (or had never gone in the first place)!

Bentonbag They moved during the refurbishment.  They no longer sell game in the fur or feather so you won't see the rabbits etc hanging up any more.  It's a shame as Fester likes to pluck a pheasant occasionally.

Strawangel I haven't been to the town for yonks.......will have to have a trip up. Thanks

Ms Exlibris So you're a pheasant pluckers wife??? (well co-habitee or whatever you like to be called - either way he is still a pheasant plucker....and I wish I had never started this now!!)

Bentonbag As my sister-in-law once said (she was sober at the time):-

I'm not the pheasant plucker
I'm the pheasant pluckers's mate,
I'm only plucking pheasants
'Cos the pheasant plucker's late

No comments:

Post a Comment