Sunday 24 January 2021

Fed Up By Fester's Flu

From Facebook archives ...

24 January 2018 at 11:49 ·

"Is there not a recipe for cassoulet in Delia?"
My middle-class question of the day.

😒feeling fed up.24 January 2018 at 22:57 

Half way through this afternoon Fester had a fit of uncontrollable shivering that went on for nearly an hour.

Got him covered with duvet, quilt and crochet quilt and 2 hot water bottles because he was so cold. 

His temperature is now elevated and I've persuaded him to have a bath while I remake the bed, as I think both will help him be more comfortable. 

He's not eaten much since breakfast but has had a couple of pints of blackcurrant & apple cordial (ersatz Ribena). 

Will give him Beechams powders or Lemsip when he gets back to bed.
Both boys are worried by this.    

Especially Thunderthighs who is a complete catastrophist.
"Is he going to die like Uncle Stephen?"*
"No Uncle Stephen dropped dead suddenly of a heart attack."
"So has Dad had a heart attack?"
"Not that I know of, he's probably got a virus."
Could really do without this

Mrs Leftfoot Hope he's feeling better soon..

Bentonbag Not as much as I do.   
He's a grumpy bastard at the best of times!  
Only person I know to swear at bits of string, socks, bathwater not running in hot enough.   
The least he can do is stay healthy and not worry the sh*t out of me.

Erica Take care.  Tomorrow’s another day.

Sandy get well soon Fester
Mrs Lasagne It’s sounds like flue Ben , lots of fluids to drink ,if he’s shivering probably his temperature was elevated , when it’s very high this is what happens , paracetamol and neurofen together act quickly to reduce temperature !get well soon Fester , I hope you feel better today xxx
Paganess Hope he's not too grumpy. If he's got a temperature Paracetamol and cool him down; no blankets, if it doesn't come down with that spange him with tepid water. I recommend eat plugs if this becomes necessary
Bentonbag Who will need the eat plugs when I'm spangeing him? Him or me?

Bentonbag He's had some porridge (made with milk) with jam in and a cup of tea and is now snoring.

P H Poor you. Sounds like he's likely to survive. I hope you do too.
Mrs Mobilephone It’s always worrying with something like those symptoms. Hope you can manage give me a ring if you need help? Love xx

 

*RIP June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment