Sunday 16 May 2021

Close Shave

As Dad got older his eyesight began to fail, partly due to macular degeneration but also because of damage to the optic nerve in mini-strokes (TIAs to the medics).  

On one visit, when he was still able, he tried to explain what it was like.
“When I look at your face … well it’s not like a face … there’s something missing … 
I know it’s you though.”

I came down one bright May morning and got a very similar feeling when looking at Ferretfingers.  For a moment I wondered whether I’d had a TIA.  

Then the penny dropped...

From Facebook Archives

feeling fed up.17 May 2018 at 10:28 
And just to add joy to my life I've noticed Ferretfingers has shaved his eyebrows off WTAF!
Mrs Lasagne  It’s all the fashion Ben x.  Cut and shave them now so I’m told.   
What’s that all about haha
Sienna Pond  Excuse me lol?!?!  As in, shaved the whole lot off??  Why Ferretfingers?? Wwwhhhyyyyyy???? Xxxx
Miss Doozer  I've got a lovely fat, soft brown kohl pencil which he can use to draw them back in again if you want to borrow it.  Maybe he's going to go for a different look every day... Ming the Merciless Monday, Dennis Healey Tuesday, Mickey Mouse Wednesday, Cruella de Ville Thursday, Bert from Sesame Street Friday...
Bazoukiboy  My giddy aunt..
Ms PH  Wonder what gave him that idea?  Must look bit peculiar.
Bentonbag A cross between Oliver Hardy and The Mekon

I don’t normally share full face photos of Ferretfingers, but in this case I’ll make an exception.   

This was taken two days later at local beauty spot, Hareshaw Linn near Bellingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment