Wednesday 19 May 2021

Reuse Recycle Repair Repurpose

From Facebook archives

20 May 2019 at 18:43 ·

Today, having washed the kitchen floor, I set up the sewing machine and repaired 2 of Thunderthighs' pyjama bottoms, 2 pairs of his jeans and took in a pair of my jeans and Fester's trousers. 

Then I emptied the pegbagpinny whose sash was very frayed.  Found a sash from a home-made apron, attached it to the pegbagpinny and used a sound bit of the original sash to make a hanging loop. The 'new' sash, which serendipitously has matching yellow flowers, started life in a nightie that was converted into an apron.  All but the sash got worn and torn and converted into dusters before ending up in the ragbag.

I suggested to Thunderthighs that he might take his trousers upstairs now I've mended them.
"They need ironing."   

They're ironed. 
"They don't look like it." 

Sometimes he's so like my Mother it's not funny.

  

He's just come past the office with "They're ironed then?"    
YES! 
"Does that mean I have to put them away myself?"

Dear reader, he always puts his ironed stuff away himself.

Miss Doozer   There's something in the water. This weekend I patched the crotches of my jodhpurs with the spare ankle bits I'd saved from when I shortened them. I my 1960s Singer

(See also “Mostly Sewing”  )

 

No comments:

Post a Comment