Sunday 23 May 2021

Strange Day Chez Chateau Midden

From Facebook Archives

The cwtchdanstar pre 'improvements'
24 May 2017 at 22:23

It's been a strange day chez Chateau Midden.

 

I was up and showered early to take the car to Kwikfit for a 6 month service and to see my GP mainly about my sore Achilles tendon and some routine bloods.  I'm slightly low on vitamin D but nothing sun and diet can't make right.  I'm slightly high on sugars 

"I'll refer you for physio. Go away, lose some weight, come back in 3 months and we'll do a full lot of bloods" 

(Oh joy oh flaming rapture).

 

Home to empty the cwchdanstar for the return of the smart-meter-man 

(he phoned in sick last week so this is the second time I've done this). 

 

Fester and Ferretfingers are out but as soon as they return I have to stop doing what I want and pay attention to them.

 

Go to fetch car from Kwikfit. 

 

When I get back 

"Will Fixit rang, he's coming to put those shelves in the front units."

Bugger!   

More stuff to shift, and I have to shift most of the other stuff I've shifted before in order to shift that stuff because it's behind/in front of it.

But the good news is the bit of lino left over from doing the bathroom is just right to replace the ancient rotting stuff on the cwtchdanstar floor, which is conveniently clear.

 

Smart-meter-man arrives and does his stuff.

Will Fixit arrives, fits shelves and when SMM has gone puts the lino in the cwchdanstar.

 

Fester has bought tomato and cucumber seedlings which have to be potted on immediately - so other gardening plans go out the window.

 

I put the stuff back in the cwchdanstar, but it is now teatime and my back is hinting it's had enough.

 

Most of the afternoon Thunderthighs has been mithering that he hasn't seen Teddy since breakfast.  I hadn't noticed that I hadn't seen him either.  Half way through tea the wanderer returns very skittish and frightened with an oil patch between his shoulder-blades.  Our best guess is he's been asleep under a vehicle which has driven off and startled him and/or got himself locked in somewhere.  We did a warm water and vegetable oil wipe to try and get the oil off.  He's now sleeping on the spare bed.   

I had wanted to hoover behind the stuff I've had to shift but it terrifies Teddy and he's had enough: so the living room is still a bomb site of shifted furniture and stuff.

 

And the dishes haven't been done so the cook muttered about that.

 

And Ferretfingers keeps saying "I'm upset about Manchester"   

Mrs Lasagne  Phew and breath Ben xxx 😘

FifiD Busy day xxx
Ms PH  You need someone to drive you to drink.  With a nice meal and some good music.  Glad Teddy relatively unscathed. Xxx
Mrs Banjoman  Right. Can't comment on most of that but I did go to my GP about pain in my lower leg which was diagnosed as an Achilles problem.  Options were: referral to physio OR look up the exercises on NHS help line.  Did the latter and they worked! After only a few exercises. Of course, if you have a different problem, they might hinder rather than help but always worth a look.
ET  I had to look up cwchdanstar, my original guess was downstairs something else
Henlady  Glad Teddy is back and OK.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment