Sunday 2 May 2021

Feeling Stupid

From Facebook archives

2 May 2017 at 13:01 ·

I'm arranging a road trip across Scotland for half term (Arnamurchan Point to Rattray Head for Shipping forecast aficionados) and have just booked a family room in the Kilchoan Hotel.  I looked up the hotels via Googlemaps, searched websites, messaged and emailed as appropriate.  Just phoned to confirm with my debit card and spoke with a nice South African called Ross.  The only thing is, when I tried to get my debit card from my purse my Tesco card came out instead.  No sign of the Visa one.

"Sorry Ross, I'll have to phone you back."

Rush around the house like a panicked bat.

Then ...

Yes Wor Geordie's Lost His Penka* fans.

It was in my bleeding pocket

- the back buttock one.
Mr Mull  There is a ferry from Kilchoan to Tobermory...
Bentonbag I know๐Ÿ˜‰
Mrs Banjoman  Ha ha. Wait until I tell Banjoman.  His plectrum incident may now be forgotten**.
Mrs Leftfoot  More than once I have arrived at work and been unable to find my security pass..... Only to find it already round my neck....

*WorGeordie’s Lost His Penka is a famous local folksong about a missing marble.

**The plectrum incident is immortalised in Tyne Bridge’s Morpeth Rant, but it will never be forgotten.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. About 25 years ago Anna was in Birkenhead market to get some keys cut. After the chap passed her the keys she looked for her purse to pay. No purse - she checked in front of her, in her bag(s) and said to him "I'm really sorry my purse must have been stolen - I definitely had it with me." She noticed he was laughing, which seemed very unsympathetic and then he pointed. She glanced down and their securely wedged under her arm was her purse!

    ReplyDelete