Saturday 1 May 2021

Running Repairs

From Facebook archives

1 May 2013 at 16:47 

Ferretfingers has unpicked the inside leg seam of his trousers yet again - this time on the way home in the taxi.

Not much I can do except hand-sew them as

a) the treadle sewing machine is buggered and

b) it's buried under unsorted stuff from Sheffield.

Bess Cavalier  Done correctly, hand sewing can be a lot harder to unpick than machine sewing.
Bentonbag  They seem to use gossamer threads these days - but I've hand-sewn the seams on his trousers so often I'm getting really fed up with it.
I think it's his scheme to try to be allowed to wear elasticated waist pants rather than 'proper' trousers.  But I'm not giving up.  Also we're talking about the boy who once removed the laminate from a Barclaycard #hisautistictalentisdestruction 
 
 

One Christmas Fester bought me an electric sewing machine, then Mrs Quilt gave me this gorgeous expanding cabinet to keep it in and to encourage me to use it.

Resewing the seams of trousers, other running repairs, taking in waistbands (Thunderthighs is trimming down) and mask making are all a doddle, in comparison to hand sewing. 
It just requires me to have the hwyl (as my Granma would say) and get going while the spirit moves (as my Mum would say).  
Sadly the hwyl and the spirit are sadly lacking at present and there are three pairs of jeans waiting for attention.
Of course now Ferretfingers is no longer in school, so not required to wear ‘proper’ trousers, he no longer destroys them.

No comments:

Post a Comment