Monday 6 September 2021

Cat Tales #29 Cat Calling






As usual I had to sweep a cat off my seat before starting typing this this morning.
In the cats’ ideal world they would be able to sit on my lap whilst I type, but there’s insufficient space between my thighs and the worktop.

The photo shows the layout of my bit of the ‘study’ (as Mrs Leftfoot coined it the other day).

There is just enough space between the keyboard and the edge of the desk, or the keyboard and the monitor, for a cat to sit.

The problem is if they sit in front of the monitor I can’t see what I’m typing.

If I push the keyboard back under the monitor and allow the cat to sit between me and it, well it’s then almost impossible to do anything.  Especially as the cat puts as much of himself as possible on the mouse-mat, and tries to use my right wrist as a pillow.  Making using the mouse difficult and two hand typing impossible.  Even left hand only typing is hard as there are keys I can’t reach, or see, around the ginger bulk.  And an elfinsafety person would be horrified at the posture I have to assume to do so.

Felix will eventually concede and settle down on the printer, or windowsill, but only after pacing back and forth, tiger style, in front of the screen several dozen times.

Teddy is more limpet like, and heavier.

The other morning I lifted him up and dumped him, for the third or fourth time, into the space to my left on top of Fester’s closed laptop.  
He shuffled about a bit and I heard some electronic bleeping as his front paws pressed on my mobile phone.

A number I didn’t recognise appeared in the screen, and I pressed the little red phone key immediately to stop the call.   

A quick look into ‘recently called numbers’ showed he’d managed to do it without revealing the callees name, even if they were in my address book.

A few minutes later (08.14)  I received a text from The Squireen

“Hi.  I assume the phone call was accidental.”

Then

“How are you?”

I replied “The cat stood on the phone.  Fester spent yesterday in bed v shivery.  Rest of us ok.  You?”

“I am fine.  Finger crossed it is only a cold for Fester.”

“He sez he’s been ‘overdoing it’!”

“Really!!”


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment