Wednesday 22 September 2021

Skinny Dip Revisited

The 2018 North East Skinny Dip landed on my 62nd birthday and I rose to a friend’s challenge to go into the sea in my birthday suit.

It was such a life enhancing experience that I did it the next year as well, and hope to carry on doing so.

Here are my Facebook posts from that Dip ...

 


 

22 September 2019 at 06:40   Rosy fingered dawn at Druridge Bay

 


22 September 2019 at 08:12
So who should we bump into but my cousin (once removed) FifiD on her first North East Skinny Dip.

The organisers asked people to post something about what the Dip had meant or done for them; this was my contribution

“On March 2nd I lost a friend of over forty years to cancer and I've not really been myself since.  She would be so cross with me for being so maudlin!  I thought of her as I walked down to the beach in the dark before dawn.  But then the people, the atmosphere, my friends, bumping unexpectedly into a cousin, the disrobing, running hand in hand into the sea, the smacking waves almost lifting me off my feet, the reality, the innocence and the return to being a tiny child again.
I walked back to my car smiling, and yes I thought of Paula,but this time with a lightness of heart 

I thought I'd lost.
Thanks to all the organisers - you only know a little of the good you do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment