Tuesday 29 March 2022

Cold Caller Baiting #21 Oh No It Isn't

Yesterday morning I was having breakfast when the phone rang.

I picked up, there was such a long satellite delay that I very nearly gave up.
Then a male oriental voice said “Hello?”
“Hello.”
“Hello ma'am it’s Robin here, calling from Microsoft’s office in Reading, am I speaking to Ms Bentonbag?”
“Robin what?”
“Robin Smith, I’m calling about your Microsoft computer.”
“There’s no such thing as a Microsoft computer, Microsoft is a software system that is used to operate computers.”
“I know that.”
“Then why do you say you are calling me about a Microsoft computer when you know such a thing does not exist?”
Long silence with call centre noises in the background.
Then the dialling tone
And there he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment