Tuesday 22 March 2022

Eavesdropping


From Facebook archives

22 March 2018 at 12:30
Just back from St Oswald's Hospice Shop, where I was on a mission to buy needles for Knit&Natter because they keep vanishing from LDNE's craft cupboard.   
As I'm picking out the sizes I want an elderly and very cheerful volunteer lady comes in and starts chatting with the other two assistants.
"Well it's two years since he went into the home and I'm finally getting the house sorted.  All the carpet's coming up.  You know it was cream in the bedroom and when he was doubly incontinent I was forever shampooing it and now I'm having something a bit more brown put down. The fitter's coming today and I'm finally getting laid."
Loud laughter from the fourpennies (as Mother used to say).
She looked across at me and said "Eee I didn't think that lady would understand that sort of thing."
Smirks all round.

Anyway, when I told her what they were for, she let me have the needles at 50p a pair.

There are plenty of needles left, mostly in the smaller thinner sizes.
 
Before anyone offers, at the moment LD:NorthEast's Knit&Natter group have more yarn and knitting needles than we know what to do with.  Donations of money, however, are always welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment