Thursday 9 February 2023

Not That Highbrow

Yesterday was mostly a domestic goddess day.

When I wasn't in the kitchen I carried a radio around with me to keep abreast of current events.
After tea I joined Fester, doing his endless list of pits, in the office and scrolled fruitlessly through the Facebook archives for something useful and at least mildly interesting for today.
By way of conversation I said “I listened to Zelinsky at lunchtime.”
“He’s quite good, but I’m not too sure about the early twentieth century stuff.”
A little confused I explained “The President of Ukraine speaking to the House of Commons in Westminster Hall after Prime Ministers Questions on Radio 5.”
He’d thought I was talking about Zemlinsky, an Austrian composer who sometimes makes it on to Radio 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment