Tuesday 21 February 2023

Schmoozing

For more years than I care to remember I was secretary of Woodlawn School Parents & Friends Assocation and helped organise their Boxing Day Xmas Pudding Fun Run.   

The Run was/is always started by the Tynemouth Member of Parliament and Privy Counsellor, The Right Honourable Sir Alan Campbell.   
Naturally an open air event on Boxing Day is weather dependant but, although I’ve been soaked to the skin once or twice, the Run was only affected really badly a couple of times over two decades.
Christmas 2009 was really snowy and icy, but we managed to postpone the Run to another day.
From Facebook archives

21 February 2010 at 12:06 

Just back from the Xmas Pudding Fun Run flushed with success as BBC, Tyne Tees and the Evening Chronicle photographer all turned up.

Now to download photos for Chron, News Guardian, MP Alan Campbell's secretary and here.

House like MarieCeleste - where are they?

Strawangel  Media tart 😀
Bentonbag  It's been said before ...
Strawangel  I got a lovely shot of you and Alan Campbell together
Bentonbag  Ooo do send across for archive/blackmailing purposes - my mum would have been so proud!
Strawangel  Will do. I'll fb and email
Mrs Treasurer  Ben - well done in getting all the publicity.  Will be watching the TV news tonight to see if we're on!
Bentonbag  I think it helped they don't have to pay double time on a February Sunday - and it was something different!
Strawangel  I think we'll definitely be on.
Mrs Treasurer  We made it onto BBC Look North at 5.50pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment