Sunday 4 February 2024

Phone Fag

From the Facebook Files

3 February 2023 at 07.57

The phone/answering machine has died.
I've plugged in an old phone from Sheffield so we can ring in and out but the ring is puny and there's no way to leave a message until I buy a new one.
My mobile is always on and Fester is threatening to turn his on too.
Mrs Leftfoot  That's that mean we can all ring Dr F? Wonderful.
Bentonbag  I think he's turned it off again now I'm home.

4 February 2023 at 13.10

New phone/s from Argos/Sainsbury's all installed and set up.
Day was when you just bought a phone and plugged it in.
Now you have to set the date and time, record a message, select 'eco', adjust volume of speaker/handset/ringtone etc etc. 
Each handset has a selection of 15 (fifteen!) ringtones.
The base is next to the tv (that's where the socket is) and has a bright American drama type brring.
The one next to Thunderthighs' bed in the loft has a low trimphone trill.
The one next to Fester's laptop in the office has an awful electonic version of Scott Joplin's The Entertainer (theme tune of The Sting film).
I bet he answers the bugger within 9 nine rings when he's in there now.*
I know...
Evil.
 
*This ploy has failed

No comments:

Post a Comment