Saturday 3 February 2024

Not In Penelope Leach

From Facebook Archives
3 February 2022 at 08:30
Thunderthighs has just gone for his annual medical, scheduled 08.30, on his own, as he has since 2020 when the appointment landed on the same day as Ferretfingers was due to come out of hospital with his mended ankle.
This morning at 9:15 Ferretfingers has his annual medical.  
He's just got up and gone into the loo (he may be some time...).   
I've washed my hair so am sat here in a towel turban and bath sheet.  
It is 08.30.
At least we can walk up to the GP Surgery, not drive and have to find a parking space like yesterday's dental nurse appointment.
Apropos the blog.  Fanny Och the needlework teacher at Llandeilo Grammar and Tregib Comprehensive instilled in me a belief I was no good at sewing and a pathological hatred of sewing machines.  Thank God she never attempted to teach me to crochet or knit.
Off to get dressed.
Paganess  I had an art teacher who wouldn't let me join in the class and I had to sit and read because I was so bad!  I can sculpt in many mediums but, still am limited when drawing.
Later
Bentonbag  Update on the medicals.   
Both boys have slightly raised blood-pressure (probably inherited from their father).   
Thunderthighs has gained weight, Ferretfingers has lost some.   
Thunderthighs refused to have a testicular examination or blood taken.   
Ferretfingers happy to do both and sat watching as the needle went in and his life fluid flowed out.  
I was sat biting the inside of my mask and trying not to drum my feet too hard on the floor at the thought of it.   
We do have a home blood pressure testing thing, still in its box.  So I shall have to get it out and do the boys' daily for the next week or so to get a better, less stressed reading.  
Oh, and I have a urine sample tube for Ferretfingers to fill and me to take up.
They don't tell you about all this in the Penelope Leach books.

No comments:

Post a Comment